Job ID: 1252
Retail & Experience Supervisor
- January 22nd, 2024
- Megalomaniac Winery
- Full time
Employer: Megalomaniac Winery
Closing Date: 02/09/2024
Retail and Experience Supervisor
Megalomaniac Wines, located on the bench of the Niagara Escarpment in Vineland Ontario, is open year round offering wine sampling, tasting and vineyard experiences, and an on-site retail store and restaurant. In 2023, it received the distinction of #3 Winery in Canada at the National Wine Awards and achieved the 2023 Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice Award.
Megalomaniac is hiring a Retail and Experience Supervisor. This role is instrumental in ensuring an on-site experience at Megalomaniac’s wine store and tasting rooms that inspires brand love and loyalty, ultimately resulting in wine sales. The supervisor oversees a small team that provides efficient, friendly and knowledgeable customer service, bringing the Megalomaniac brand to life via the consumer’s physical environment and interactions, continually delighting guests.
Wine Store Sales and Operations
- Supervises wine store customer service and transactions.
- Supervises wine store operations (staffing, scheduling, opening and closing, displays and stocking).
- Supervises a small team of primarily seasonal staff to generate robust average transactions in the store and to garner new database and wine club customers.
- Monitors and maintains store inventory of wine, merchandise and supplies.
- Implements in-store merchandising and display best practices that are reflective of the brand, supports sales of wine and non-wine product, and maximizes revenue per customer.
- Executes POS maintenance and updates (add new SKUs, vintage and pricing changes, promotions/codes).
- Communicates regularly with staff about new releases, promotions, and other winery updates.
- With direction of senior management, procures and purchases non-wine products/merchandise.
- Responsible for daily cash-outs.
- Performs store opening and closing procedures.
Consumer Experience Sales and Operations
- Manages bookings, execution and staffing of tasting room appointment and vineyard walks tour program.
- Leads the team to deliver tasting experiences and vineyard walks tours to a high level of guest satisfaction with a high conversion (wine purchase) rate.
- Hires and trains seasonal staff for store and consumer experiences.
- Oversees the pick and packing function (staffing and scheduling, packaging supplies), ensuring online orders are accurately and efficiently prepared for direct delivery.
- Ensures staff time sheets are completed and handed in on time.
- Controls labour costs related to store, consumer experience and packaging functions.
- Implements best practice customer service and experiences, systems and processes.
- Maintains and enhances a strong wine culture and quality image that befits the brand.
- Responsible for wine store and customer experience records and reporting – samples, staff wine, etc.
- Implements and maintains team performance measurement and team incentives.
- Willingness and ability to support the team by undertaking day to day duties when needed such as picking and packing, executing consumer experiences and retail store customer service.
- Available weekends and holidays as required
- Available full time (40 hours per week) with schedule flexibility based on season
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- SmartServe trained
- Knowledge and passion for wine and the wine industry
- WSET or other wine education certification an asset
- Experience with WineDirect POS system and Tock reservation system an asset
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Staff wine allowance
Submit your application