Job ID: 861
Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator
Administrative & Clerical, Arts & Media, Other
- July 6th, 2023
- Full time
Employer: the Wine Marketing Association of Ontario
Closing Date: 07/31/2023
The Wine Marketing Association of Ontario is dedicated to promoting VQA Wines of Ontario & Wine Country Ontario – both the vintners and the unique qualities of our authentic VQA wines that are made exclusively from 100% Ontario-grown grapes.
The Wine Marketing Association of Ontario is seeking a Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator to support various strategic, integrated public relations and communications campaigns for its 191 VQA Wineries across Ontario.
This is a full-time role. Our standard office work week is Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some industry events or projects occurring during the evening or on weekends. The successful candidate will work primarily from our offices in Vineland Station, with some opportunities for hybrid/remote work.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2023.
A Wine Marketing Association of Ontario Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator is:
- Knowledgeable in current marketing, communications and public relations
- Familiar with researching and developing content for social channels, tailored to appropriate brand
- Equipped with strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, with a critical eye for
- A self-motivator with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to produce high-quality work within a collaborative team, in a fast-paced
- Highly organized with strong time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign, and adapts quickly to new technologies and digital
- Proficient in media monitoring including Cision and MRP.
A Wine Marketing Association of Ontario Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator will support the Director of Public Relations and the Senior Public Relations & Marketing Project Manager with:
- Media and trade relations — coordination of various components related to familiarization trips and events (trade/media tastings, Masterclass sessions).
- Media requests – provide packages, story ideas, photos etc.
- Monitor and track media coverage through Cision and MRP.
- Various tourism and marketing program initiatives.
- Outreach to wineries and stakeholders for consolidations and coordination of events and initiatives.
- Shipments for media and trade events – domestic and international.
- Updates to communication tools (online and printed).
- Research, write and distribute press releases and coordinate media interviews.
- Assist with editing and revisions of written communications to ensure consistent brand voice across all materials.
- Liaise with Senior PR & Marketing Project Manager to ensure project management channels are up to date.
- Stay on top of industry, market, cultural and social trends.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism, or demonstrated experience in one or more of these areas.
Salary ranges from $39,000 – $44,000 depending on education and experience.
Health & Dental Benefits
Submit your application