Skilled Trades & Labour
Employer: Dorken Systems Inc.
Closing Date: 10/31/2023
Dörken Systems Inc. is a member of the DÖRKENGroup of companies. Dörken is a family-owned business that serves customers worldwide with premium products and services in multiple industries. Exciting challenges, professional development opportunities, attractive benefits and strong innovative manufacturing partnerships define Dörken as an employer.
As a family business for over 130 years, Dörken is built on strong values and relationships. Our core values include trust, humanity, innovation, sustainability, diversity, reliability and loyalty. These values are central to our daily interactions and form the basis of our long-term success.
The Industrial Mechanic Millwright is part of the maintenance team in Dörken’s manufacturing plant in Beamsville, ON, supporting our 24/7 operation.
The Industrial Mechanic Millwright performs mechanical preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs, as well as occasional new mechanical installations. He/she is part of the maintenance team, which works as a service department for the Production Department with the main objective to ensure efficient 24/7 production and to avoid/minimize unplanned downtime of production equipment.
Core areas of responsibility:
· Preventative maintenance and repair of automated production lines in a 24/7 production operation.
· Work on industrial machinery, mechanical equipment and components, including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, lubrication, cooling and exhaust systems, and pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, presses, generators and pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
· Troubleshoot problems on production equipment.
· Monitor production equipment and components (preventative and predictive maintenance).
· Maintain production equipment in OEM condition (full functionality, originally specified parts; avoid “band-aids”).
· Operate machine tools (e.g., milling machine, drill press, lathe, grinder, etc.) in a safe manner to fabricate parts.
· Use precision measuring instruments.
· Occasional installations (new equipment) and/or modifications.
· Occasional repair on buildings and non-production related equipment.
· Organizing spare parts inventory.
· Work with CMMS to obtain work orders, inventory lists for spare parts, spare part location in inventory, close work orders (i.e., provide information about work completed, etc.).
· Daily reporting (CMMS and/or Maintenance Logbook) and housekeeping.
· Adhere to professional quality standards (mechanical work).
· Work in a safe manner and adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
· Wear required Personal Protective Equipment.
· Report all injuries (no matter how small) to supervisor and complete accident report asap.
· Complete incident reports for property damage and/or material spills.
· Contain and/or report any hazardous condition or problem.
· Assist with on-the-job training for new/junior staff as requested by Maintenance Manager or Management.
· Occasionally assist with production as requested by Maintenance Manager or Production Managers.
· Recommend improvements to production equipment regarding safety, efficiency, and/or cost savings.
· Tasks/responsibilities may be modified and/or other tasks/responsibilities may be assigned at any time at the sole discretion of the company.
· The Industrial Mechanic Millwright performs preventative maintenance, repairs, and all related tasks with the objective to avoid/minimize downtime of production equipment.
· The Industrial Mechanic Millwright reacts immediately with a high sense of urgency on unplanned downtime events.
· The Industrial Mechanic Millwright strives for positive, outcome-oriented interaction at all times.
· The Industrial Mechanic Millwright follows all established company policies and procedures(e.g., “Dörken & I” handbook, Dörken Code of Ethics, Dörken Safety Policies, etc.).
· Accepts feedback and challenges their own actions and decisions.
· Constructive criticism is used as an opportunity for improvement, and interrelations between cause and effect are being considered.
· The Industrial Mechanic Millwright adapts their customary or habitual thinking to new or changed situations, to effectively face new assignments and challenges.
Training and Development:
· Provides training and support to other trades people.
· Participates in training as assigned.
· At Dörken, we put great emphasis on team-oriented actions and on respectful interactionwith one another.
· We are considerate towards one another, and we support each other.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: In person
· Industrial Mechanic Millwright 433A with Certificate of Qualification (Red Seal)
· Graduate of Mechanical Engineering Technician program an asset
· Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial/production environment
· Given tasks/objectives are completed/achieved according to the agreed timeline.
· Deviations from the agreed timeline are to be communicated in a timely manner to avoid misunderstandings and further unnecessary delays.
· Reading, interpreting, and designing mechanical schematics (e.g., for troubleshooting)
· Pneumatic and hydraulic controls
· Basic computer skills (e.g., MS Office, etc.)
· Forklift certificate an asset
The Industrial Mechanic Millwright possesses a combination of skills, including:
· Excellent analytical and hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a growing and fast-paced work environment
· Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· High degree of accountability and responsibility
· Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail
· Fully completes assigned work
· Values providing service to others
· Demonstrates pride and eagerness to support the Production Department with a high degree of urgency in case of equipment malfunction or breakdown
· Ability to implement and carry out improvement initiatives and projects
· Fluent in reading and writing English (German an asset)
· Valid driver’s license (Class G)
· Physically able to sit, stand and walk around for long periods at a time, and lift up to 23 kg repeatedly without assistance
· Eligible to work in Canada
Supplemental pay types: