Our mission at Waymar Flowers Ltd. is to provide exceptional quality flowers. At Waymar, we cultivate beautiful memories at every occasion. We are rooted in 3 generations of family tradition, we nourish seedlings into beautiful blooms, ready to supply Wow-inspiring cut flowers to the floral industry all year round.
We are looking for a creative, reliable, and fun-loving person who wants to learn the ins and outs of the flower industry. During this opportunity, you will be surrounded by beautiful flowers as well as a supportive team environment all day long!
Who you are:
- Punctual and responsible
- Professional, organized, efficient and punctual to effectively set up and support the teams’ needs
- A self-starter, taking initiative, giving and open to feedback
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Quick on your feet with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Available on the occasional Saturday and holidays when required. We are all hands on deck for the holidays.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in processing flowers – this includes but not limited to- cutting the variety of flowers we have, planting, bed maintenance, working with orchids, watering, cleaning up, and multiplying dahlia tuber bulbs.
- Finding ways to adapt to an ever-rotating inventory ie: condensing, making space and grouping inventory and product
- Lift at least 40 pounds and be physically able to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time
- Receive, clean and prep flowers and foliage
- Frequent lifting of buckets and boxes that weigh up to 40 lbs, standing for extended periods of time and constantly working with your hands.
- You will get a little dirty and love every minute of it!
- Use of sharp tools such as knives and cutters
- Appropriate attire will be expected for this environment.
We would love to have you join our team!