Job ID: 1147
Coordinator, Climate Change Initiatives
- October 17th, 2023
- Full time
Employer: Town of Lincoln
Closing Date: 11/12/2023
The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Having adopted a Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Plan, the Town of Lincoln is looking for a collaborative, resourceful and engaging facilitator to be the next Coordinator, Climate Change Initiatives. The primary responsibility of this role will be to operationalize current climate adaptation projects, building relationships and analyzing results for continuous improvement at the corporate and community level. Major responsibilities will be to lead the public engagement piece of the Plan within the business community as well as other internal and external stakeholders; research and apply for grants, assisting the organization as a whole in securing funding; provide the lens of sustainability to corporate actions and policies.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary Degree in Environmental Studies or Environmental Science or related degree
- Minimum two (2) years in a general sustainability / climate adaptation role.
- Minimum three (3) years of practical experience in program management and / or public consultation.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with a thorough understanding of a customer-centered approach in a municipal setting
- Strong ability to liaison and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in the development, planning and execution of communications and engagement strategies to implement programs, policies, and public education initiatives.
- Participate and represent the Town in external and internal meetings/forums to develop and provide input on strategies and objectives related to climate change
- Demonstrated understanding of climate change issues and sustainable development within the context of municipal government
- Demonstrated experience in writing grant applications for various sources of funding.
- Excellent research and analytical skills; data analysis to inform project conceptualization and evaluation.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to meet project milestones, deadlines and deliverables, monitor and track progress, budgets and be accountable.
- Strong initiative skills with the ability to maintain focus and work alone
- Strong knowledge and technical understanding of environmental planning, sustainability, best practices, federal and provincial policies and legislation on climate change
- Valid Ministry of Transportation Class “G” Driver’s license
- Experience in land use planning / policy would be an asset
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 11:59 PM on Sunday November 12, 2023.
- Online Application Form
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position in the subject line
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
Submit your application