Employer: Dorken Systems Inc.
Closing Date: 10/31/2023
About the Company
Dörken Systems Inc. is a member of the DÖRKENGroup of companies. Dörken is a family-owned business that serves customers worldwide with premium products and services in multiple industries. Exciting challenges, professional development opportunities, attractive benefits and strong innovative manufacturing partnerships define Dörken as an employer.
As a family business for over 130 years, Dörken is built on strong values and relationships. Our core values include trust, humanity, innovation, sustainability, diversity, reliability, and loyalty. These values are central to our daily interactions and form the basis of our long-term success.
Provides product-related technical support for customers, as well as internal and external staff of Dörken Systems Inc.
Responsible for providing technical support and for ensuring excellent customer service. They will be responsible for managing technical customer inquiries, providing technical support, analyzing trends, creating reports, and delivering technical presentations. Also responsible for product building code approvals and will be the liaison between the technical and sales team. They will develop, organize, and lead product demonstrations and applicator/installer trainings.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
· Technical consultation to customers and field/sales staff by phone and in person
· Provide installation and technical training for customers (i.e., certified installer training) and internal staff (job site, Dörken facility, etc.)
· Investigate and resolve product-related issues/concerns
· Generate product and/or technical presentations
· Perform presentations / PK sessions to customers, contractors/installers, architects, engineers, specifiers, and other industry groups
· Represent Dörken in technical committees of relevant industry organizations/associations (e.g., ASTM, ABAA, RAiNA, EEBA, etc.), building and leveraging key relationships within industry groups
· Draft technical papers/letters to support sales representatives or customers
· Gain and maintain knowledge of current and future building code requirements in Canada and USA related to Dörken’s product portfolio to support product management and development
· Assist in technical budget planning process
· Support development of effective marketing and sales tools based on product/customer knowledge
· Plan, organize and execute product testing, and report test results
· Maintain established document management structure
· Generate or review/revise installation instructions, guiding principles, technical guidelines, webpage content, etc. for technical accuracy
· Collaborate with sales, marketing and engineering to support product launches
· Generate/review product data sheets, SDS sheets, etc.
· Generate/review technical/architectural detail drawings (AutoCAD)
· Manage product building code approvals (i.e., applications, renewals, changes, etc.)
· Communicate with building officials about our products and product installation
· Serve as a technical voice-of-the-customer to the company
· Participate actively in projects or may lead a project if assigned
·Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture, or Architectural Engineering Technologist, or Civil Engineering Technologist (CET)_
·CSC designation or equivalent, e.g., CDT, CCS, CCPR an asset_
· Passive House or Net Zero certification or experience would be an asset
·Minimum 5 years residential and/or commercial construction industry experience_
·Reading and generating architectural drawings (AutoCAD)_
·Reading, understanding and writing/generating Architectural Guide Specifications for construction products_
·Application testing of construction products_
·Reviewing and writing reports, collecting, organizing, and filing data_
·Able to operate with minimum supervision_
·Able to handle product related technical questions, and key customers_
·Able to work with hand tools and building materials to perform installation tests and demo installations_
·Good interpersonal skills and be comfortable with talking before an audience_
·Proficiency in MS-Office, AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign_
· Strong written, oral communication and time management skills
· Demonstrates accountability, responsibility, and integrity.
· Decisiveness, initiative, attention to detail, and high accuracy
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Supplemental pay types: